Sunday, July 22, 2018

Today, was like most Sundays. I woke up around nine in the morning, got ready for the day and made it work by ten. What if I woke up at five in the morning? This would tremendously change my day in that I would be able to mozy around for that much longer. Let's see what this might look like. 

I had a tough time making it out of bed this morning, I attribute this to the fact that my alarm was set for five in the morning. I'm traditionally not an early riser but I'm trying to get into a new routine. I want to get in the habit of giving myself some free time before heading to work on Sundays. I mean isn't this the day of the week that is traditionally devoted to leisure? Anyway, I forced myself to the kitchen where there was hot coffee waiting for me. Sat down with a cup, opened my computer and scrolled around the web. A few minutes later, when the caffeine started to kick in, I got the motivation to go on a morning jog.

By the time I left my house the sun was just starting to rise, it's been a while since I've witnessed this. After making it a few blocks it dawned on me, Sunday mornings are a real ghost town. I felt like I had the city to myself. I passed dark window after dark window, one by one, eventually making it down to the beach. I hung out here for a bit checking the surf. To my surprise, the waves looked fun so I sprinted back home to grab my board and wetsuit.  

I packed my car and headed right back to where I just was. By this point, windows were starting to light up and nearby cafes were coming alive. Now, back at the beach parking lot, I quickly changed and headed for the water. The waves were decent, at least for summertime standards. Nevertheless, I had fun and felt a sense of personal pride in how much I had already accomplished this morning. 

I made it back home around eight thirty, this meant I still had an hour and a half to kill before work. I never give myself enough time to eat anything other than cereal, so I thought I'd treat myself to a healthy breakfast before heading out. With a stomach full of eggs, fruit and more coffee, I was ready to take on the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I decided to drive home? (part 2) As I rolled into San Luis Obispo it was a little bit after dinner time. I decided to stop here f...